Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Introduction

What is this Blog about? Why is it here? What do you get out of it?

Should you waste your time with an old fart?

Generally the answer to all of these questions is to "Move along. This is not the blog you are looking for."

However, if you like MMORPG's, are a designer, games programmer, producer, investor, or an avid game hobbyist, then these ramblings that follow will arm your mind with a rare perspective in dealing with the entertainment convergence, and MMORPG game design.

Who am I? My name is Jim Landes. You can look up my history on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Landes.

Why am I doing this? Because I have spent many years of my life trying to bring profound ideas and designs to gamers around the world. I have not succeeded to the level I would wish. Many of these ideas and perspective are bigger than I am, and larger than I can execute upon. In short, I do not want what I have spent 20+ years working on to die with me. There is immense knowledge locked in my head. It is my sincere hope that someone can pick up nuggets of value from what will follow in this soliloquy.

All I ask, is that somewhere and somehow you reference me if these ideas and perpectives have helped you in some manner.


Thanks and enjoy....
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,

It's David (Sameul, AE0. I just read your BLOG about OnLive and I jumped over to check them out. Man, you are dead on with this one. This is a total shift. I know that the PS4 may be coming out of development soon, but honestly, I think it will be OnLives first victim. It should be interesting to see how MS responds, and Nintendo... hhmmm The Wii has put a solid punch into the console market. I wonder if their next version will use OnLives system method with current Wii controller tech.
As for PC/Mac... mac problem has always been the limited software selection. This will change that. PC and thus Windows is finally going to get some competition in the general market.
The next 5 years are going to be fun to watch.
And by the by... I'm back in school and I'll be rubber stamped a full on game designer in 2 year. This is going to be fun. :D